Poinsettia warning: Festive plant could cause 'skin irritation' and allergic reaction

Date:


She told Allergic Living in December 2019 that she had a serious anaphylactic reaction to a poinsettia plant.

The mum knew she had an allergy to latex but didn’t know poinsettias were a member of the same plant family as the natural rubber tree.

Michelle said her reaction began with itching before progressing further into symptoms consistent with anaphylaxis.

She described the experience as “really scary”, claiming she would have been “a goner” if she had been 10 minutes further away from the hospital.

Poinsettia does also occur in dogs if ingested, however, the dog would have to eat all the plant to be in any danger.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

California hiker, 22, found dead in wilderness at base of cliff in apparent accident

close Video Fox News Flash top headlines...

Change this hidden setting, or anyone can get into your iPhone

Your iPhone has a ton of important privacy...

Former 1st lady of Atlanta, Bunnie Jackson-Ransom, has died

Bunnie Jackson-Ransom, a former first lady of Atlanta...