Conor Benn takes aim at 'embarrassing' Chris Eubank Jr and dad Eubank Sr – 'Dysfunctional'

Date:


Conor Benn has taken aim at both Chris Eubank Sr and Jr ahead of his boxing match with the 33-year-old. The pair are due to lock horns for the first time on October 8 at the O2 Arena in London, 29 years after their fathers Nigel and Eubank Sr contested their second bout.

The former IBO super-middleweight champion seems to be underestimating his opponent and even posted a video of himself eating a burger 11 days before the fight. His father urged his son to pull out of the 157-pound catchweight contest in the fear he may come unstuck by ‘The Destroyer’.

Benn, on the other hand, was unimpressed and proceeded to call out the antics from the Eubanks. “It’s just all a bit embarrassing,” the undefeated boxer said. “His whole career has been embarrassing when those two get involved, from his dad standing there in the corner, just staring at his son to this whole situation.

“It’s all a bit embarrassing. If that was my dad I’d say number one, ‘why are you taking it there?’. Number two, I wouldn’t be there posting me eating rubbish when my dad is openly concerned about my health. You don’t know what they’re doing, they’re all a bit crackers.”

JUST IN: Nigel Benn stares down son Conor after birthday cake shoved in his face

Benn believes Eubank Sr expressed his concerns due to his frustration at being shut out of this trilogy fight between the families. “Maybe that was because he’s upset his dad by not involving him,” said the welterweight.

“It just shows a dysfunctional team on their side. How can his son be out eating burgers and doing this and that, or posting about it, then in the next breath, his dad is saying he’s worried about his son because he’s having to lose three pounds?

“That’s a Team Eubank issue. All I know over here is that we’re united, we’re all on the same page, we do things how we’ve always done them. It shows that my trajectory is upwards and his not so much.”

DON’T MISS

The Eubanks previously complained about having to lose three pounds for the fight, but with Benn having to come up nearly two weight divisions, the 25-year-old does not think his future opponent has anything to complain about. “We’ve asked him to lose three pounds so who does that favour?” he said. “He’s trying to play that card, but it doesn’t make any sense. I’m willing to come up to two weight divisions and you’re just losing three pounds. Then he has the nerve to post this and that of him eating stuff, but you better make the weight. That’s it, he best make the weight.”

According to Dominic Ingle, the winner has been offered to Kell Brook as a possible next opponent. The British trainer claims his fighter has received multiple proposals since calling it quits on his professional boxing career and is considering a retirement U-turn. “He says he has the fire in his belly for another fight and he has had certain promoters on to him looking to make fights,” Ingle told Boxing King Media when discussing a potential comeback for Brook.

“Kell has been training for the last couple of weeks. Someone has mentioned Liam Smith and maybe the winner of Conor Benn or Eubank, but I don’t really know. He is doing alright and he is enjoying training but he knows if he is going to get involved in another fight he needs to put his foot on the gas and get moving again. But we will maybe know more in the next two weeks.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Wordle 538 hints for December 9: Struggling with Wordle today? Clues to help with answer

Just because it's almost the weekend, that doesn't...

Kentucky authorities investigating death threats to children, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell: 'You can't stop me'

Local and federal authorities were investigating threats in...